|Welcome to South Hayward United Methodist Church! We are a caring and diverse congregation located in the southern part of Hayward, California.|
Have questions? Call the Church office at 510-780-9599.
|This interim site aims to keep you updated on Church news during the Covid-19 crisis.|
In this section are some notes and links to help us continue to reflect on our worship experience.
<a href="http://<!– wp:list –> <ul><li><a href="https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_1pOAYM36L-H0Nird2ordf26qoOsh4Ir?usp=sharing">https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_1pOAYM36L-H0Nird2ordf26qoOsh4Ir?usp=sharing</a></li></ul> Easter Cantata (Google Drive)
Online Giving through Zelle
Here are the general instructions from the Zelle website:
1) Enroll your email or US Mobile number through your online bank account or mobile banking app or with the Zelle app.
2) Add South Hayward UMC as a recipient with the email address email@example.com
3) You can now start online donations by entering the amount to be sent and following the instructions.
April Church Calendar
April 2 – Friday, Good Friday service, 7 p.m.
April 3 – Saturday, Reclaiming and Living Covenant Lenten Study, 10:00 a.m.
April 4 – Sunday, Virtual Easter Service, 10:30 a.m. In-person Easter Service, 12 p.m. Easter Egg Hunt after the worship service
April 7– Wednesday, Holy Bible Study, 6-7 p.m. Finance Committee meeting, 7 p.m.
April 8 – Thursday, WON Committee meeting, 7 p.m.
Tips for Attending Zoom Meetings
- Get to know the “mute” and “unmute” controls! It’s polite to keep your mic muted throughout the service/meeting except when you’re talking – you’d be surprised how sensitive a computer mic is! In the lower left corner, you’ll see a picture of a microphone. Click it to mute or unmute. A red slash across the mic means you are muted.
2. Zoom has a chat feature you can use to say hello or send a brief message during the meeting. You invoke it by clicking Chat in the meeting controls on the bottom command bar; this will open a chat box on the right. You can type a brief message to everyone or click on the drop down next to To: if you wish to message a specific person. After typing, press Enter to send the message. The Chat icon turns orange when a new chat message is posted.
3. If you’re having any problems with the sound (hearing or being heard), try a headset. The kind you have for your cell phone would work fine. Plug it in to the audio jack on your computer.
4. (Laptop/desktop) To better see the Pastor/speaker during a video call, you can maximize their picture by clicking their thumbnail image and choosing Pin Video from the menu.
To enjoy sequential singing, click Speaker View on the upper right of the screen. To return to viewing everyone, click Gallery View. (Note: It helps during communal singing to pin the music leader’s video.)
5. Finally, you can use the Reaction control on the bottom command bar to offer applause or a ‘thumbs up’.